It's that time of year again.
Millions of people across the country are about to hit the malls, shops and store in search of holiday bargains.
But before you hit the stores in search of deals, check out our quiz to find out how much you know about the phenomenon known as holiday shopping.
1. The term "Black Friday" didn’t always mean shopping and savings. When was the phrase first used?
A. 18th Century
B. 19th Century
C. 20th Century
D. 21st Century
2. The weekend following Thanksgiving features deals in stores and online. Small businesses aimed to cash in on the spending with Small Business Saturday. Which company is credited with starting the shopping holiday?
B. Bank of America
C. American Express
D. Capital One
3. Many people plan out their spending habits for the holiday season. About how much will each consumer shell out this year?
A. About $800
B. About $700
C. About $600
D. About $500
4. Holiday shopping doesn’t just happen in stores. Online shopping is a convenient way to buy gifts on the day coined Cyber Monday. When did Cyber Monday start?
5. Some shopping deals start on Thanksgiving Day, while the turkey is still on the table. Which retailer was the first to kick off deals on Thanksgiving Thursday?
6. Toys R Us releases a list of Hot Toys for the holiday season. Which one of these toys isn’t on the list?
A. Doc McStuffins Get Better Talking Mobile
B. LEGO Cuusoo Minecraft II
C. Hot Wheels Street Hawk R/C Flying car
D. Little Live Pets Bird Cage with 2 Birds
7. Seasonal workers help make the shopping season go smoothly. How many seasonal employees will be hired in 2014?
A. Up to 800,000
B. Up to 600,000
C. Up to 400,000
D. Up to 200,000
8. Don’t procrastinate to send your gift! Most companies want you to buy gifts by which day to guarantee delivery on or before Christmas?
A. December 17
B. December 18
C. December 19
D. December 20
9. Keep a close eye on your cash to make sure you don’t get stuck with a counterfeit bill. The Secret Service has several tips on what you should look for. Which one of these ISN’T a characteristic you should look out for?
B. Federal Reserve & Treasury Seals
10. When is the best time to hit the mall during the holiday shopping season?
A. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
B. 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
C. 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
D. 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.