Know Your Hurricane Categories
· CATEGORY 1: 74-95 mph winds
Minor exterior home damage.
Toppled tree branches.
Power line damage.
· CATEGORY 2: 96-110 mph winds
Major exterior home damage.
Small trees uprooted.
Many roads blocked.
Guaranteed power outages for extended time period.
· CATEGORY 3: 111-130 mph winds
Extensive exterior home damage.
Many trees uprooted, and many roads blocked.
Limited water/ electric availability.
· CATEGORY 4: 131-155 mph winds
· CATEGORY 5: 155 mph winds or greater
Loss of roof structure and/or exterior walls.
Most trees uprooted, and most roads blocked.
Isolated residential due to debris.
Power outages lasting for months.
High percentage of homes destroyed.
Fallen trees/power lines isolate residential areas.
Most areas uninhabitable.